Understanding Legalized Marijuana Use Laws
Legalized medical marijuana use laws continue to be both an important federal and state issue, especially where since 1996, approximately 23 states, including Washington, DC have passed various laws allowing smoked marijuana to be used for a variety of medical conditions, understanding that using, selling and distributing marijuana in certain circumstances, continues to be a criminal offense under Federal law. Additionally, such state laws typically do not affect or otherwise change the FDA approval process for the marketing, promotion, and use of such marijuana based products and goods.
These state laws vary greatly in their criteria and implementation, and many states are experiencing vigorous internal debates about the safety, efficacy, and legality of their marijuana laws. Many local governments are even creating zoning and enforcement ordinances that prevent marijuana dispensaries from operating in their communities. Regulation of marijuana for purported medical use may also exist at the county and city level, in addition to state laws.
Voters in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington state also passed initiatives legalizing the sale and distribution of marijuana for adults 21 and older under state law. District of Columbia voters approved Initiative 71, which permits adults 21 years of age or older to grow and possess (but not sell) limited amounts of marijuana.
With any legal issue, in particular with respect to the emerging use of marijuana and cannabis, the various regulations for production, manufacturing, use and distribution are increasingly becoming very state specific (including in California) and therefore, require very state specific and localized knowledge of such laws, statutes, and regulations, including understanding how such relates to the overall larger federal scheme.
The Nassari Law Group, Cannabis Law Group, with offices in Orange County, Los Angeles, and Riverside California, and adept, experienced, and knowledgeable with the emerging legislative and regulatory trends involving marijuana and cannabis based use laws, including with respect to the following:
- Providing legal guidance regarding state specific regulatory and compliance based requirements for marijuana and cannabis based use laws
- Assisting industry seek and otherwise obtain licensing approval related to marijuana and cannabis based use laws
- Assisting businesses structure marketing, sales, and other business plans to comport with applicable marijuana and cannabis based use laws
- Developing comprehensive liability plans to assist parties effectively navigate, employ and otherwise utilize such relevant use laws
- Drafting and development of compliance, process, and management manuals to assist businesses insure adherence to marijuana and cannabis based use laws
- Effectuation of financial review, documentation, and due diligence for licensing and approval
- License application assistance for cultivators, manufacturers, and retailers
Call a Lawyer Today
The Nassiri Law Group, Cannabis Law Group, in Orange County, Los Angeles, and Riverside California, are available to assist with the licensing, registration, and approval process to assist in your marijuana and cannabis based business. For a free case consultation call 714-937-2020 today.